Sorensen Civil Eng. Ltd, Forge Hill Cross, Kinsale Road, Cork, Ireland
Tel: (Intl) +353 (0)21 4968917
Fax: (Intl) + 353 (0)21 4965544
Email: [email protected]
Senior Site Engineer for a Civil Engineering Project
Overview: We are increasing our Civil Engineering Projects Team. We are currently seeking a Senior Site Engineer for a full-time permanent position, based in Cork. The successful candidate will report directly to the Project Manager. The initial project is a 3 year waste water project for our client Irish Water.
Responsibilities: The role will entail managing a section of site engineering on a multi-million euro projects including site setting out, site surveying, assisting procurement department, assisting the commercial department, completing SHEQ forms, tracking site records, completing labour and plant returns, and general site civil engineering tasks on a daily basis. The work will be varied and you will form part of a wider dynamic project delivery team.
- Must hold a Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Must have a minimum 3 years of recent experience on Civil Engineering projects in Ireland or the UK
- Must have excellent communication skills, exceptional oral and written communication capabilities
- Must have knowledge setting out equipment including GPS, site engineer level, total station.
- Must have Excellent MS Office skills
- Must have an ability to work within a dynamic team of professionals
- Preferably have an ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Preferably have an ability to work well under pressure and within a deadline environment
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary for the right candidate
- Pension benefits
- Excellent Career Progression
- Excellent location
- Opportunity to gain experience on a large infrastructural project as part of a wider project team.
- 3 years project management experience in Ireland or UK (Mandatory)
- Experience on Civil Engineering projects (Mandatory)
- Experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry (Preferred)